Position Summary: A Design Engineer at Fedora Intertech will engineer commercial electronic and network-based low voltage solutions. Engineers work collaboratively with sales, project managers, technicians, and other professionals to design and specify solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Role qualifications: Successful design engineers have excellent communication skills, technical design experience of low voltage systems, and demonstrate sharply focused execution to deliver a high-quality project with maximum efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with sales and project management to engineer and develop system designs, proposals, and estimates.
- Work collaboratively with the CAD department to ensure accurate and detailed drawings.
- Work collaboratively with the technical services group to ensure technical functionality of proposed solution.
- Work with vendors and their technical support departments to design solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Design and engineer network architecture and system storage requirements to support IP based security solutions.
- Achieve necessary certifications in order to design and engineer accurate solutions.
- Prioritize engineering tasks to effectively and efficiently meet workload demands.
- Ability to identify and communicate project risk during the design and estimating process.
- Technical leader with experience in supporting sales and implementation teams.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years design engineering experience in electronic security, fire alarm, pro sound, intercom/paging, AV, data networking, and/or system automation.
- Cisco CCNA or CCDE certifications are a plus.
- NICET certifications are a plus.
- IT network design and data storage experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and software aptitude.
- Must be highly organized with demonstrated success managing multiple tasks.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Full healthcare package including medical, health savings account (HSA), dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company paid life insurance.
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Personal Time Off (PTO) beginning at 15 days per year.
- Nine company paid holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER